My friend Eris is smart.
She is so smart, she was asked to speak at a smart people conference, with a bunch of other super smart people.
So we decided to make it a road trip.
We drove to Cedar city in the Dub-mobile. It was 5 hours of un-interrupted tv and movie quotes, awesome 80's music and oreo mint shakes.
We got lost in Spanish Fork....it's a stupid city anyways.
We got lost in Cedar city looking for a Walmart.
We stayed up late eating Easter candy and watching Big Bang Theory...and for those of you who are unfamiliar, it's great. I highly recommend it.
We woke up the next morning to find that our hotel had no hot water. This was delightful. When I wake up in the morning, I look like a yu-gi-oh character. Hair stright up in all directions. Not washing my hair is not an option. So while Eris tamed her curls with pins, I stuck my head under the cold tub faucet. It was just like camping.
Eris gave a very smart presentation. It was all about smart political things that normally make me go "bwah??" She even had illistrations. I could not have been more proud.
So thank-you to my friend Eris for letting me be a part of your big to-do. I had a lot of fun.
There are few times we get to spend sans-children these days, and even fewer people who understand the importance of a well-placed movie quote.
3 comments:
I'm glad you had fun. I'm also still jealous.
Ah! I'm verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. Here, I'll give you a topic: The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut. Discuss.
Best trip ever!!!!!
I'm so jealous! I love CC and wish I could have been there!
Just a note, I've changed my blog address. It's now at: c-k-finley.blogspot.com [but its private so email me your email address and I'll invite you].
Post a Comment