Greatest concert EVER!
We 4 girls went...and this would include a new Diamond Girl (as she will now be known) for her very first concert. How many 6 year olds can say their first concert was Neil Diamond?
She was stoked.
She scampered home from school, changed into her "I heart Neil" shirt and we were off to the train station to meet the other ladies.
I'm positive that Diamond Girl was the youngest Neil fan there. Everyone commented on her in her shirt as she skipped excitedly around the ESA, anxious for the concert to start.
There was a little bit of shock and awe for the first few songs. I don't think she knew what to expect. But once Neil busted out "Forever in Blue Jeans" she was into it.


She got to see the concert from the top of Eris' shoulders...best seat in the house if you ask me.
She really got groovin when they played "Sweet Caroline". But I think the highlight for her was "America". The Jazz Singer is one of her FAVORITE movies and she sang every word.
The ride home was trickeled with giggles--especially when we noticed that Diamond Girl had fallen asleep reading her concert program, complete with Neil pictures.
I'd like to thank the other Diamond Girls for letting me bring my own Diamond Girl with us on our traditional Neil Quest. She was a much better fourth than "she-who-will-not-be-named"
I am I said.

2 comments:
Thanks for bringing such a fun new Diamond Girl! And yes, she is the best fourth ever!
That last photo is absolutely wonderful!
Post a Comment