I found a bird feeder in our carport. I assume it was at one time Cindy's, but she has vacated the premises, so it is now mine by default.
We put it in our front garden and today filled it with bird seed.
Roxie was delighted. I showed her where the birds would sit to get the seeds and how the seeds come out. She was so excited to see the birds eat.
I went inside for a minute and when I came back, she had plopped herself down in the garden next to the feeder and was sitting with her head in her hands staring at the feeder.
I asked her what she was doing.
"Waiting for birds."
"They won't come if you are sitting so close to the seeds." I replied. "You have to sit farther back. They are scared of you."
She stood up and walked over to the other side of the yard where our swing is. She climbed up and sat. "This good mom?" she asked. "Yes. Now you can wait for birds."
She smiled at me and I went back inside.
As I cleared the table I could see her waiting. Soon I heard her calling "Birdies! Birdies! Birdies!"
I poked my head out the door and said, "Roxie, the birds won't come if you are yelling. Loud noises scare them."
She stopped and looked at me. I could see her thinking about what I had just said.
Then she whispered, "Birdies! Birdies!"
Yeah. That'll do it.

2 comments:
That's the best story I've heard all week!
She is so freaking comical! I love her!
Post a Comment