Thursday, July 23, 2009

Saving for a rainy day

Last night at 11:30 pm, we heard very panicked screaming.
Kylee was frantically hacking and crying, saying something about her neck.
Once calm enough to speak in full sentences, she cried, "There's a dime in my throat!"
This was followed by more hacking and panic.
Dub and I tried hitting her back and gagging her to get the dime back, but to no avail.
She stopped for a moment and exclaimed, "I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"

Sweet girl. The dime was moving at a glacial pace vertically down her throat.

"CAN I LIVE WITH MONEY IN ME?"
"IT WILL BE IN ME FOREVER!"
"I (HACK) CAN'T (HACK) GET IT (HACK) OUT!"

"Oh wait," she says calmly after taking a drink of water. "It's down. When do I get it back?"

My question is...Why was there a dime in your mouth in the first place?
Her response...I don't know.

Where did you get a dime?
I don't remember.

Are you going to do it again?
NO!!!

Then she went to bed.
Today after daycare, she told me her tummy pinched her all day.
This should be fun to pass.

5 comments:

The Numismatist said...

The next few days will be fun while you check her poop. Hey, it's a dime after all!

My sister swallowed a penny when she was very small. It was "retrieved" and Dad carried it on his keychain for his entire life. I believe that my sister now has it on hers.

The Numismatist said...

That's better. Thanks.

Eris said...

I can't believe I missed this!

Anonymous said...

OMG! OMG! That is hilarious!

'boo said...

I was laughing so hard right then that i thought I'd pee my pants! Poor kid, and poor you!