Sunday, January 3, 2010

Flying

I flew a plane. Honest and true. I have a friend who is a pilot. He has been wanting to take Mr. Dub and myself on a flight tour of Ogden. Mr. Dub was not nearly as interested in this as I. SO I asked my super cute sister if she'd be my co-pilot on this magical journey. She graciously accepted.


Saturday was the day. It was a blast. We met at the Ogden airport, prepped the plane and were off. Once in the air we flew out over Fremont Island, saw a few wrecked ships, flew over Bountiful, up over Mt. Ben Lomand, over the ski resorts and down thru the canyon.

Pilot Carey did show me what all the gages were, how to work the rutters and even let me fly the plane. It's very cool.
Once we landed, we taxied the plane back to the hanger, put the covers back on, and left.
If you ever get the chance to go up into one of these little planes, I highly recommend it. Super fun!!



ps--Pilot Carey is also a cop. I wonder if he'd let me drive his cruiser.....

2 comments:

The Numismatist said...

Cool!

Sidney Cottle said...

i agree! flying is awesome!!!! 'cept i've never been in a little plane....i have a hubby that flies choppers and have been up in a few times with him. so much fun!