
Kylee woke up this morning to the sound of her alarm.
She dressed herself and came to get me from my slumber.
Together we ate breakfast and practiced writing our numbers the correct way (not backwards)
We did her hair and picked out the right shoes for her "first day outfit"
At 7:50 she told me it was time to leave...hugged me and headed for the door.
I asked her if I got to go to the bus stop with her. Her reply was simple.
"Mom, I'm a big first grader now. I can do it myself."
My heart stopped for just a minute while I watched her walk down the hill to meet her friends.
I stood there in my front walk and watched my big first grader get on the bus and head off to school.
*sniff*
4 comments:
I feel your pain. Except I didn't have to put my 1st grader on a bus. Good thing they're brave!!! Kylee looks adorable!
Stop it! You're killing me! Remember when they were just little and had sleepovers in the crib?
She looks so grown up! One down, three to go.
Baby girl! I almost started crying! Love the twinkle toes!
Post a Comment