Sunday, August 3, 2008

I need to sleep...

Because I haven't for the past 3 nights.

Few things in life have been more important to me than sleep. I mean FEW. Most of those things occurred in the early years of my marriage. These days I have become a creature of the night. Once my children are in bed and Mr. Dub is happily trancing about with his elfish-girlfriend in the world of warcraft, I dive deeply into the world of the vampire and must pry the book from my eyes soon after 3am. I have been WAY too enthralled in these vampire books.

Honestly. I think the pages may be laced with some form of addictive stimulant: Hot vampires.

I have just barely finished with the 2nd book. I have not thought of anything but this STUPID girl and her ridiculous adventures with dangerous hot boys for the past 72 hours. It has even made working with certain people more difficult.

I know I teased my friends and family (one in particular) about the obsession that these books cause.

I APOLOGIZE.

I understand completely. I have succumb to the addiction and the shame that these books bring upon those of us over the age of 17. It's relentless, haunting and I am DYING for the 3rd book.

I would also like to thank my girlfriend for letting me borrow her first 2 books. They are the reason my eyes are bloodshot, my dishes undone and my tevo unwatched. I love you for it.

3 comments:

Eris said...

Apology accepted. I knew once you tried it you'd be hooked. Like heroine... or Neil. So Mr. Eris will be dropping the 3rd at your work tomorrow morning, and the Numismatist will have the final for you at the party on Wednesday.

It makes you look at everyone you see as either vampire or werewolf... book 4 will add a new category.

Oh, I'm so happy!!

mr. dub said...

??? which certain people is it hard to work with ??? I want names.

The Numismatist said...

ohhhh, stay tuned....
I sense trouble brewing....

P.S. Don't ever tell him!