
My little Kiki-dee starts kindergarten this year.
We went back to school shopping last night.
It was just mom and Kiki time.
I told her we would go to dinner and go shopping.
Very grown up.
Kiki-dee got to pick the place we ate.
She said, "Like Taco Bell?"
I said "Sure. Or we could go to a fancy dinner like Chinese food, or Italian or Fish....."
"FISH!!!" She exclaimed, eyes wide with hunger. "Mom, I want to eat fish!" She danced up and down and clapped her hands with glee.
So fish we ate. We dined on crab cakes in lobster sauce and salmon. It was really good. I'd like to thank Travis at McGraths for the fantastic service he gave us on our little date. He was very accommodating.

So here is my question.
What 5 year old chooses to eat fish, especially faced with the choice of ANYWHERE to eat?
I love this kid. She amazes me every day. She is developing her own opinions and learning to express them. She does something new everyday that amazes me.
I'd like to bare my testimony about back to school. I know it is true. (I promised myself I wouldn't do this!) I am so excited for Kiki-dee to start school. I can't wait to show her the correct way to organize her backpack and then empty it out and organize it again. I can't wait to show her how wonderful the smell of #2 pencils and notebooks are. I have a feeling we will share a deep affection for office supplies. It's nerd-a-licious.
3 comments:
Oh, I love organizing my backpack!! Make sure you get her a pencil case with lots of zippers and compartments!
Organize a backpack? Totally unnecessary. A separate pocket for candy and granola bars, necessary.
Are you going to be one of those mommies who cries on the first day of school? Or the mommy who sees $$$$ because that's one less kid in daycare!
You have the cutest kids! I used to love getting ready to go to school, the shopping, the supplies, the new kids...the only downfall is the school part. Hmmm...
Post a Comment