Saturday, June 28, 2008

Superstar!





Well...it's official. We are a forever family. I hope Dub realizes what he is in for. An eternity with me. I am loud. I flail my hands in outrageous gestures while I talk. I'm obnoxious. I'm always right, and even when I'm not I will insist I was testing you. I have strange hair.
I have come to terms with the fact I will have to look at the back of Dub's head while he plays his world of warcraft for eternity. I think it's about even.

I'm asked if I feel different now that we are a forever family. I have not had a good answer for this question until now. I don't think I feel any different. I don't think I am supposed to. If you're doing things you ought, then it's not a big adjustment. I am, however, more aware of my religion...due to an extra layer I am becoming accustomed to. I was unaware that religion needed to make me sweat. I wonder how inappropriate it would be to include that in the talk I am more than likely to be giving in the next month.

Well...that's that. I'd like to bare testament for just a second and thank my family and friends for all the support and love they have shown us. You all know who you are. You are reading this right now. You have loved and supported this little family for the past 6 years and have helped us get where we need to be. I am forever in your debt. I am glad I got to share this experience with the people I am closet to. I suppose I do feel different...there is now a bond that will never be broken between us. This was something we shared together and I will always cherish it.
I am done talking.

My feelings can best be summarized with a monologue from the made for tv movie, Cybil, staring a young Miss Sally Field as a woman with multiple personality disorder.
"'Aaaw, Look at you. My pretty little girl. Sitting there with her face all painted, you're nothing but a little slut.'
'Don't say that--I'm a lady senior.'
'You're nothing but a little SLUT Cybil-ann. I'm not a slut. I'm not a slut. I'm not a slut. I ain't no SLUT!'"

2 comments:

The Numismatist said...

Thank you for ending with the movie quote. I was afraid this was going to be a completely serious post but you redeemed yourself!

Eris said...

My feelings can best be described with a monologue from the Lifetime made-for-t.v. movie "Long Island Lolita: The Amy Fisher Story" when Maryjo Buttfuoco said, "You think you can beat me, missy? I won't take that - you can't beat me! And you won't take him!"

Love you forever - Now, literally.