My parents have a dog. Her name is Smokey. They got her in 1997. She is an old pup.
My brothers (d&d) have always had a soft spot for Smokey. They like to feed her table scraps. Everyone know this. We've all seen them give her ravioli, bread, dr. pepper...or a taste of whatever they are eating at the moment.
Tonight we had a lovely chicken dinner at my parents house.
My tiny sister couldn't finish all she had taken.
She asked me what she should do with it.
I replied, "give it to the dog."
It's chicken. Not bad right?
She told me "NO! Don't feed the dog. You'll kill her!"
She then turned to D1, who was sitting next to her and asked if he wanted it. D and I looked directly at each other as he said "Yes. I'll take the chicken."
I could not stop laughing. She could not figure out what I was laughing at. Even as D1 sat next to her tearing up the piece of chicken into bite sized bits, she could not figure out what was so funny.
Really? You won't give the dog your chicken, but you will give it to the person who will?
Silly girl.
Smokey enjoyed that last piece of chicken fed to her secretly under the table.
1 comment:
i like this story. it makes me think your family dinners are fun. i'm really sure they are.
Post a Comment